Skip to content
There was a lot of speculation about the flight operation to Toronto, Canada, a North American country.
Many people said that this flight will not be successful, passengers will not be found.
However, Biman Bangladesh Airlines received more than two hundred passengers on the Toronto route on the second flight.
Not only that, it is known that many people from neighboring countries are going to Canada via Dhaka.
According to sources of Biman Bangladesh Airlines, Biman is operating flights on Dhaka-Toronto route using latest technology brand new Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner aircraft.
The number of seats in this aircraft is 298. There were 154 passengers on the inaugural flight of the aircraft.
On the way back, 178 people returned to the country. 197 passengers left Dhaka on the second flight on Sunday (July 31).
More than two hundred tickets have been sold for next Wednesday’s flight as well. This number may increase.
- Managing Director (MD) of Biman Bangladesh Airlines.
- Zahid Hossain told Dhaka Post, “So far, good response is being received on this route.
- We have received 90 passengers from India and Nepal who booked Toronto flight tickets via Dhaka.
- This is a very good sign. We will see the number of passengers of Toronto flight for 3 months,
- after that we will be able to say whether the number of passengers is satisfactory or not.
- According to Biman sources, many people came to Dhaka by Biman flight from Kolkata in India and Kathmandu in Nepal and went to Canada by Toronto flight from here.
- Besides, most citizens of Montreal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Alberta in Canada have chosen this flight route to enter Canada.
- It is expected that the flights on this route will be filled to 90 percent within the next one month.
- Earlier, last Wednesday, the first commercial flight of Biman Bangladesh Airlines left for Toronto, Canada.
- The total flight time from Dhaka to Toronto including layovers is 19 and a half hours.
The flight was in the air for 17 hours
Biman will operate flights on this route on Sundays and Wednesdays during the week.
Every Sunday BG305 departs from Dhaka at 3 midnight and will land in Istanbul, Turkey at 8:30 am local time for refueling.
After an hour break, the flight will depart from Istanbul and reach Toronto at 1:25 PM local time.
Every Wednesday BG-305 will depart from Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport to Toronto at 3:30 midnight Bangladesh time.
En route the flight will land in Istanbul, Turkey at 9 am local time for refueling.
After an hour break, the flight will depart from Istanbul and reach Toronto at 1:55 PM local time.
On March 26 this year, for the first time in the country’s history, Biman conducted an experimental commercial flight from Dhaka to Toronto.
Besides the Minister of State for Civil Aviation and Tourism, Biman’s MD and other officials were on board the flight.
Instead of operating the flight directly, it was decided to make a stopover in Turkey for refuelling.